Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Opinion About U.S. Government Taking Control OF Children’s Nutrition

I think that the government should take action by having healthier food in public schools; I remember elementary, middle and high school eating burgers. Burgers are not healthy at all. 
Obesity rates in the U.S. are scarry. Did you know that in 2007 and 2008 11.9% of children between 6 and 9 were obese and 16.9% were overweight? This numbers are scary because the 11.9% of overweight children at this time can be obese and probably have Diabetes or other health problems. I am glad that Obama and the senate wants to pass this expensive bill but they have to decide what kind of food are children going to eat and I personally think that the burgers should be eliminate from the kids school meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment